Santa Claus Parade 2021
Our theme this year for the 35th annual parade is
Registration closes Tuesday, November 30, 2021
We are moving forward with Parade preparations cautiously. Everyone's safety is of utmost priority and we are monitoring the situation closely. You will be notified if participation requirements change.
Rules and Regulations
• Entry fees are not required but all entries must have a signed registration form on file with the Santa Claus Parade Committee Administrator, prior to the parade. Failure to provide these documents will result in the entrant being removed from the Santa Claus Parade line up.
• No additional insurance is required.
• The Parade Committee will determine the order and location of your entry in the parade. Due consideration will be given to all but please remain in the order assigned – more information regarding location/position will be provided closer to the event date.
• Your completed, submitted, application form is your acceptance on behalf of your entry and all participants of these rules of participation.
• The Santa Claus Parade assumes no responsibility in connection with, and makes no representation as to safety of any Parade Entry, in whole or in part, solely by reason of compliance with Parade Rules and Regulations.
• The ultimate responsibility for safety lies with each individual Entry. Entries must comply with all Parade Rules and Regulations as well as comply with all Government Regulations, safety codes, manufacturer’s recommendations and similar standards.
Due to events which have occurred in other parts of the country, please read carefully as there have been some changes in the interests of safety.
- Walkers must accompany all floats or vehicles if any candy or favours are given out. There will be NO throwing of candy or other objects allowed.
- 2021: We encourage wearing masks for parade participants and spectators.
- NEW: We encourage those who wish to give out candy, to pool their resources through the Parade Committee to have the candy distributed from the ‘hot chocolate’ stands around the Parade route. Their sponsorship will be acknowledged and will make it safer for the children.
- All floats with riders must have an adequate guardrail or other barrier to keep riders safe. Your float or vehicle must come to a complete stop if you need to exchange riders for walkers or vice versa.
- NEW: ALL entries must be decorated with Holiday Lights for increased visibility.
- Inappropriate music (profanity/swearing/degrading, etc.) or attire unsuitable for viewing by our family audience is not acceptable.
- The use of noisemakers or band practice is forbidden near animals. The firing of Firearms is not permitted (live or blank). All decorative materials must be fire retardant. The use of open flames on any Entry is strongly discouraged.
- All vehicles must be in good mechanical condition and properly serviced prior to the Parade. Drivers and other persons on all Entries must have a means of RAPID escape in an emergency.
- Alcoholic beverages and prohibited drugs are forbidden
- All livestock shall be in good health and sound condition.
- Participants are to conduct themselves in a responsible manner respecting other participants, volunteers, and neighbouring communities. Though the Parade Committee make efforts to ensure the safety of personal, livestock, and property, it is the responsibility of the Parade Participants to ensure the safety of bystanders and/or private or public property within their control or supervision.
- Please, NO other “Santas” on any float as Santa already has a place of honour in the Parade.